NEW SMART AND SMART PRO FUNCTIONS
We are pleased to announce that since December 2020 (available in devices from January 2021) all the devices equipped with Smart and Smart PRO controller will be available with new functions. These updates are being created in response to your inquiries, needs and suggestions.
Thank you for your confidence!
Logging in with NFC card
In Smart PRO devices, it is now possible to log in with a card, keyring, or device with NFC (your smartphone).
Now you don’t have to remember your login and password, what’s more you can use the access control card used in your company or your smartphone.
All controllers updated to version 2020R2 will allow the programming of cards and devices with NFC. The internal sensor will be available as an extra chargeable option.
Another new feature regarding the Smart PRO controller, an option taken from our non-standard devices.
The column consists of three light signals (red, green, yellow) and a sound signal (5 signals to choose from).
The standard program of the column:
- yellow flashing – reaching the set temperature
- yellow fixed – program in the segment phase
- green fixed – program finished
- red fixed – alarm
- sound signal – alarm
The functionality of the column can be freely programmed at the production stage.
Devices with 20202R2 update, are ready for this option and as previous the “hardware” part is extra chargeable.
Chamber monitoring cameras
This feature allows installing up to 4 cameras in the chamber which allows You to watch what’s going on in the chamber on the Smart Pro controller display.
Cameras are automatically detected and no configuration is required.
Feature is available in the top drop-down menu, you can also find the view from cameras in your LabDesk app.
Devices with 20202R2 update, are ready for this option but the “hardware” part is extra chargeable (router mounted inside the unit and cameras).
Faster Quick Change
If you need to change the value of the settings very quickly:
- fan speed
It will be able to do it even faster and more efficiently, thanks to the new Quick Change function, we have added a side slider that will make it easier to change quickly, especially when setting the limit values 0 / 100%!
To avoid accidental switching off the program or changing settings, e.g. when cleaning the device/screen, we add the screen block function.
The screen lock is activated in the top menu bar.
If the screen is locked, touching the screen calls up a panel on which You have to move the blue circle into white to unlock the screen.
Automatic screen locking
This function allows you to set the time after which the screen is automatically locked.
Available settings: off, 5min, 15min, 30min, 60min.
Smart PRO default is disabled.
Smart the default setting is 15 minutes.
WARNING! Only one functionality can be enabled at a time: automatic logout or automatic blocking.
Components replacement message
Components replacement message – displayed when the working limit of component is exceeded. The message is displayed when the component is exceeded for the first time and every time when device is starting. Additionally a yellow warning triangle is displayed all the time in the main window. The working time of each of the components is stored in the database and also every 10 minutes. archived in the display controller memory. In the service and production menu, you can reset the operating time and date of components replacing.
Error codes support
Various types of alarms and warnings may appear while working with the device.
The Smart and Smart PRO controllers display the name of alarm/malfunction on the alarm screen with the proper code when clicking on “details”.
Now with your smartphone, you can easily go to our website https://smart4lab.eu and check what the code means and what you need to do to deal with an unexpected alarm/malfunction or error.
In addition to the above-described functionalities, in the SMART controllers you will also find:
– new language options
– changes in e-mail reports (taking into account the time zone),
– the ability to set humidity with an accuracy of 0.1% (for devices with this function),
– several visual improvements and a number of improvements supporting the operation of the entire system.
NEW SMART AND SMART PRO FUNCTIONS
2020R1 update, new functions available from February 2020.
Among the most important changes is the Quick Program option available for both Smart and Smart PRO controllers. Quick Program allows you to quickly start the program from the home screen position without having to enter and create a menu. After switching on the device (and logging in Smart PRO version), a symbol will be available on the main screen, which will enable you to switch on the program after setting the temperature (optional fan, fireplace depending on your model of device). The program is started in continuous mode with lower and upper temperature protection (-10°C/+10°C). The Quick Change option is available during the program.
The SMART program has several features that guarantee its uninterrupted performance
- the program is always set to infinity;
- If the display fails, the program continues;
- After the power supply is resumed (after its loss), the program continues;
- To prevent the program from stopping accidentally, the STOP button was removed from the main window (stopping the program was intentionally made difficult. It is necessary to enter the device menu, then the programs window and hold the STOP button for 5 seconds).
Upper menu expandable
An important change is the introduction in the Smart PRO controller of a drop-down bar from the menu that can be configured. After swiping your finger down you will see options that you can quickly change by dragging and changing the icons. Among the options available in the bar we will find:
- Quick Note (available from February in the top drop-down menu bar),
- Quick Change,
- segment time elapsed or remained
- set temperature,
- extra humidity sensor reading (optional),
- mute option
Another change available for Smart PRO controllers is the mute option, i. e. temporary switching off of sound alarms e. g. to avoid an open door alarm when the load is scheduled to be loaded into the chamber. Mute is available for 5, 10 and 15 minutes.
- changing the time zone will not change the date/time in the data and events previously stored (available for Smart and Smart PRO)
- after the program ends, a message will be displayed (the end of the program within the schedule will not be displayed, the message will be displayed after the whole schedule ends) (available for Smart and Smart PRO)
- new languages are available – Portuguese and Ukrainian (available for Smart and Smart PRO)
- RS 422/485 interface (available for Smart PRO)
More information about news in Smart and Smart PRO controllers can be found on the dedicated website www.smart4lab.eu.
Changes in the LabDesk software
Changes in the LabDesk software that will appear in the program from February are
- possibility to change the configuration of the device (e. g. alarms, corrections) from the application level
- user editing from the application (e. g. user name, password, allocated program limit, account type)
- possibility to load the program offline in the same devices (differing only in serial number)
Having several identical devices with the same configuration (temperature range, light settings, etc.) you only need to download the configuration file on one of them to your flash drive. On its basis it is possible to create offline programs for all devices (previously it was necessary to download a configuration file on a flash drive on each device and on its basis create an offline program for a specific device)